If the weather in Perth is anything to go by, we have plenty of hot summer days ahead of us which means more time outdoors.
Not sure how to start tackling your outdoor living spaces? We have rounded up five key tips to consider to help transform your outdoor living spaces into an Insta-worthy oasis with our latest drop of Cane-Line in stock and available now.
1. Suit your Space:
Choosing the right furniture pieces based on the size of your space is important. Scale and proportion is key in making sure every square metre counts! Don’t fret if you don’t have the largest outdoor space, there is a Cane-line piece for every shape and sized outdoor area.
- Need to dress a larger deck area? The Nest lounge suite will add a touch of style and ambience not to mention, pure comfort.
- Looking to accommodate the whole extended family? Seat everyone in the easy to store Breeze Stackable Dining Chair. Available in black, light grey or white.
- Aiming to elevate a mid-sized courtyard? Cane-line’s Peacock Lounge Chairs make a statement with their unique look that will have your guests lusting after them.
2. Materials Matter
Quality is key when it comes to outdoor furniture. It is important to select items that have specifically been made to suit outdoor use. Cane-line outdoor collection provides piece of mind with their focus on quality and innovation. Cane-line Weave® is a material created by Cane-line making their furniture ideal for any climate. Temperature and UV resistant, means easy, minimal maintenance.
Teak and aluminium also feature in Cane-line’s offering. Teak is one of the strongest and most durable hardwoods and performs well when exposed to the elements. Powder coated aluminium furniture is ideal for outdoor use and better yet, requires minimal maintenance! Located near the coast? Be sure to wipe down your items more regularly with soapy water. We suggest storing pieces indoors or under a furniture cover for long periods of time when items are not in use.
3. Play with Levels:
Summer in Australia is for entertaining. What better way to do this than creating an outdoor bar to elevate your garden parties! Bar tables and chairs are in high demand and we don’t think that is going to change anytime soon.
Create an informal meeting area on the terrace to take advantage of a higher vantage point and views is easily achieved with the Drop Bar Table.
Perfectly paired with the timeless Breeze Bar stackable chair. This bar stool is manufactured in Cane-line Weave® with supportive back bringing an elegant and light feel to the space. After a more laid-back look? The Cut Bar Stools fit the bill. Durable, lightweight, and stackable to bring a contemporary look to your outdoor space.
4. Consider Shape:
Round, square, rectangular, oval? Decisions, decisions! When it comes to choosing a table shape it is important to consider all of your options carefully.
Generally, a round table is favourable for smaller areas as it provides a smooth shape with no harsh angles. This leads to a better walk flow of the space. Round tables also encourage easier conversation and promotes more interaction.
Rectangular tables are better suited to more lengthened areas and are great for holding more space for food and table settings. When looking at design features, something more slim line (like the Core table with tapered legs) can be advantageous as it will look like it is taking up less space! Need to accommodate an extra guest, rectangular tables with a slim line design make this an easier process.
5. The perfect finishing touch:
Sometimes, it’s the little things that can help tie a look together. Summer ready accessories no space is complete without.
- Instantly warm up your outdoor living space with Cane-line’s Circle and Discover rugs. The perfect addition to any outdoor space for that homely touch.
- Layer it up with Cane-line’s Divine Scatter Cushions to compliment your furniture. The fabric is selected PP which means the cushions are UV resistant, antibacterial, and non-allergenic. What’s not to love?
- Set the scene with a Lighthouse Lantern. Both for use indoor and outdoor, summer or winter. They can even be used as an urban greenhouse. Options are endless!