Our website http://www.loam.com.au/ is owned and operated by Loam Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 635 359 009) trading as “Loam” (ABN 17 635 359 009).
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect limited personal and or company information such as title, company name, name, address, contact numbers and e-mail address. In some credit scenarios bank account details, credit card details and drivers licence numbers maybe requested.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products you require.
Other information we may collect
Additional to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information in the below scenarios:
- contractor name, address, license, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements, and
- potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
How we collect Personal Information
We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. Personal information is collected in a number of ways, including directly from you collected over the phone, via email or fax
- within marketing activities and invitations responses, and
- when you submit information to us through our website (eg by email or cookies).
How we use your Personal Information
We may use or request personal information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery
- apply for a credit or an account
- participate in surveys and other types of research
- enter a promotion or contest hosted by us
- ask for a quote to be prepared
- make a credit card payment
- express interest in a particular service of ours
- subscribe to our newsletter
- administer and manage our services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- make changes to your profile
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud, or
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of our systems.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We value your trust so all of our staff adheres to the highest ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you choose to give us. We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services. This again would only be for us to conduct our legitimate business activities.
We handle all credit or debit card holder data provided to us within through eWay Rapid API, which is a third party online credit card processing agent. Your credit card details will be securely provided to eWay via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol for processing.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information to another party unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. These include, but not limited to:
- contractors and service providers, where such contractors or service providers are located in Australia. We will not disclose information about you to an entity overseas
- where you choose to apply for any credit facility in connection with a purchase (where offered), the credit provider
- where any entity wishes to purchase part or whole of our business, that entity
- each entity which has been granted a franchise by one of our subsidiaries
- where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct
- use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings, or
- you have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
Personal Information – Quality & Security
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information that we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us and we will correct it.
We are committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We destroy personal information when it is no longer required by us.
Promotional and Marketing Material
Your contact details may be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence or invitations to you. We acknowledge and respect an individual’s choice to opt-out of our direct marketing communications and activities. Should you decide you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us, please contact our Customer Service Manager in writing (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, letter: Loam Australia, 280 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6053), being sure to include your name, address and contact details, or if known your customer code.
You may access any information we hold about you at any time during Perth business hours by requesting access by contacting our Customer Service Manager in writing (via email: email@example.com, letter: Loam Australia, 280 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6053). We will deal with your request for such access within a reasonable time. If we refuse access, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access. We may recover reasonable costs of retrieving information when you make an access request.